KangerTech SSOCC Coils
For the newer Subox Mini (CL) Child Lock mod please use the CLOCC coils here
The Kanger SSOCC coils are the upgraded Stainless Steel version of the Kanger OCC coils, hence the acronym SSOCC. The atomizer casing in these coils is made from Stainless Steel whilst the coil wire is Nichrome. The superior Nichrome SSOCC coils are identifiable by the red seal on the coil heads. They also further differ from the OCC coils. The new SSOCC are vertical coils and smaller and cylindrical in shape and therefore take up less space/volume in the tank they are being used in (more room for e liquid!), as opposed to the larger and older cube shaped OCC coils.
Kanger also use 100% Japanese Organic Cotton as the wicking material. Japanese organic cotton is far superior to standard cotton as it is free of bleach and other impurities. The result is a much cleaner and truer taste from your e-juice which enhances the vaping experience.
Watch out for cheap imitations. Ensure your product is authentic Kangertech
KangerTech's SSOCC coils are backwards compatible and will work in any tank that currently takes the OCC coils including the Kangertech Topbox Mini, Nebox and Subvod Mega. Ideal upgrade to your KangerTech Topbox Mini.
Kanger SSOCC Pack Content:
- 5 Pack KangerTech Stainless Steel Organic Cotton Coils (SSOCC)
- 0.5 ohm (SUS316L - Stainless Steel)
- 1.2 ohm (NiChrome)
- 1.5 ohm (NiChrome)
Kangertech coil ratings:
- 0.5 ohm - 15 - 60 watt - (direct lung inhale)
- 1.2 ohm - 15 - 25 watt - (mouth to lung inhale)
- 1.5 ohm - 12 - 18 watt - (mouth to lung inhale
View all Kangertech Subox Mini accessories
Leak Free Vaping
Your Kanger SSOCC coils are manufactured with precision so will not leak providing you use the product and parts correctly. Where any leaks have occurred, we have solved almost all by taking the following steps.
- When using the SSOCC coils for the first time ensure all the parts of your tank are tightened properly, this involves finger tightening then an extra 1/16th turn
- Ensure the O-ring seals are correctly in place on your mod or Subox Mini
- Make sure the coil in the tank is finger tightening then an extra 1/16th turn
- When cleaning or replacing the coil carry out the above procedures.
- Ensure you have the correct temperature/power settings for your particular device. Coils for example have ratings and should be kept within maximum and minimum recommended settings. Too high and your device will pop and crackle which may cause spots of e liquid to escape via the air-intake.
Where product has been returned, we have found that TIGHTENING the PIECES properly resolves any leak issue.
Using the Kanger SSOCC coils
It is important to ensure you obtain the correct temperature to vape when staring with a new e liquid coil combination. Different e liquids have different properties so some need a higher temperature and some a lower temperature. In order to get the "sweet spot" we suggest starting at a low setting and increase that in steps of 2 watts. At some level the vapour will feel warm as you inhale and this is the approximate optimised temperature. You then need to reduce the wattage 1 step at a time for 2-3 watts and somewhere in that scale you should find your precise "sweet spot. (you may like warm vapour so you can also increase the wattage 1 or 2 watts above this point to see which you prefer and which gives the vapour level you desire. If you change e liquids or the SSOCC coil resistance you will then need to repeat the steps above to ensure you are hitting the e-liquid at the right temperature. See the full range of compatible Kanger Subox Mini accessories.