Great Mod Kit
Purchased after my previous Smok Alien eventually begun to fail. Due to power socket connection failing.
This new Rigel is a huge improvement on the Alien in many ways.
1st, the safety lock on the lid is brilliant. Not just for child safety, but the biggest bonus is, when the unit is in your pocket, the lid can't accidentally knock open resulting in all the vape juice running into your pocket and damaging / staining or just making it greasy and horrible. This often happened with the Smok Alien and made a real mess when it did
2nd, the rubber seal on top has a neat filler aspect of having a small slit that your vape bottle just pushes through to fill it up. As soon as you remove the bottle, the opening closes, again, reducing leaks, simple but very effective.
It gives you confidence of carrying it in your pocket without the risk of leaks.
3. Easy to use. With only a wattage to set, it's literally plug and play. No complex menues to navigate through, just set your wattage and vape
4. Having a lock feature on the wattage setting avoids those times when it's in your pocket, you accidentally lean on the up button and set your wattage to 200w, only to take a vape and burn your mouth to bits, not to mention the coil. This neat little feature allows you to lock the wattage so you can't accidentally knock or change it unexpectedly.
5. Again, a separate lock for the fire button, just 3 presses to lock it, then 3 again to unlock and vape and it doesn't change the lock feature set in the wattage setting. They are 2 separate locks.
6. Nice feel and grip to the unit.
7. Battery case is much improved on the older Alien. You flick the magnetic side panel off, pop the batteries in then just re attach the cover. No fiddly little door hinge like the Alien which had at times a tendency to pop open, dropping out your batteries or not being able to get it to close and stay closed.
8. Only 2 slight negatives found, one is the vape reservoir is quite small, so your always filling it up. Easily solved however with a larger glass available via pure-eliquids who can send you the link. Then you can still use the same coils with a small adapter.
And the other slight negative is you often have to clear the excess condensation at the base before it runs out. I usually just wrap a small but if tissue round the bottom vents and blow down the vaping mouthpiece. This just blows any excess condensation straight onto the tissue so you don't get it leak in your pocket at some point.
Would I reccomnded it as a vape - yes, definitely, and would I purchase again, - yes definitely.
Hope this helps.